Install Canon Drivers and ScanGear in Ubuntu 14.04 OS
Ubuntu is a free desktop operating system. It’s based on Linux operating system , a massive project that enables millions of people around the world to run machines powered by free and open software on all kinds of favorit devices.
If you want to install printer or Scangear drivers on Ubuntu 14.04 we will help you install.
Support model printer ∇
- Canon PIXMA MG/MP/MX series.
(MG2100, MG2200, MG3100, MG3200, MG4100, MG4200, MG5100, MG5200, MG5300, MG5400, MG6100, MG6200, MG6300, MG8100, MG8200 series).
- MP140, MP160, MP190, MP210, MP230, MP240, MP250, MP270, MP280, MP490, MP495, MP500, MP510, MP520, MP540, MP550, MP560, MP600, MP610, MP620, MP630, MP640, MP750, MP780 series.
- MX320, MX330, MX340, MX350, MX360, MX370, MX390, MX410, MX420, MX430, MX450, MX510, MX520, MX710, MX20, MX860, MX870, MX880, MX890, MX920 series.
Make sure your OS is connected to the printer.
To get start, and Please press ⇒ “Ctrl+Alt+T” on keyboard to open terminal.
When it opens, paste the command below and hit enter to run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:inameiname/stable
Type in your user password when it asks and hit Enter to continue. This will add the PPA repository into your system.
After that, Please ⇒ open “Synaptic Package Manager” from the Unity Dash.
If you don’t find it, searching for and install it from Ubuntu Software Center.
Next, Follow the instructions
- Please, Click the Reload button to refresh your system cache.
To install a printer drivers:
- In Quick filter box, type in ⇒ “cnijfilter“.
Install a ScanGear:
- In Quick filter box, type in ⇒ “scangearmp“.
- Select a package in the result listed that matches your devices.
- Right-click on the package and please select ⇒ “Mark for Installation”.
- Finally click on the “Apply” button to install the drivers.
Once the printer and scanner drivers are finish installed, connecting your devices to the pc or computer and you can do start Printers utility test if it works.
And launch the Simple Scan utility and select your scanner from app menu
- Documents ⇒ Preferences ⇒ Scan Source to test if the scanner works good.
Do it right and you will succeed in installing drivers.
Happy Working (canondriverseries.com)*